Saturday, April 17, 2010

Gallop

A very productive Saturday in Deptford. In the market I stumbled across a book about New Cross in the 1920s that I didn't even know existed - more to come on that. Bumped into the always good to see Fred and David Aylward outside the Deptford Deli. Then I had my first coffee/cake in the Gallop space coffee shop at 198 Deptford High Street. A very pleasant space decorated in lots of old London tiles, run by friendly people. They also have a tiny hidden 'cinema booth' - actually like being in a cupboard with a laptop. It's currently showing Tristan Shorr's Thames, composed on Super 8 film on journeys up and down the river.

At present, the cafe is only open on Saturdays and Sundays, though they are considering extending the hours.

1 comment:

Deptford dame said...

Thanks for that, I didn't know they had reopened!