Wednesday, August 03, 2011

South East London Mural Walk

The very fine London Mural Preservation Society are holding their first South East London Mural Walk this coming Saturday August 6th. It's completely free, meeting at 1pm at Canada Water for a leisurely afternoon stroll through Surrey Quays to Deptford and New Cross, checking out the best of the area's murals.



I've been meaning to write about the murals in Surrey Quays shopping centre for some time, undertaken by the Greenwich Mural Workshop - but they have beaten me to it with better photos than I managed on my phone.The murals celebrate the former Surrey Docks.



2 comments:

Alan said...

I'm looking forward to this walk. Have been on other ones organised by the LMPS and they are always interesting and well-organised.

Sue said...

Hi Transpontine, see Crossfields blogpost for news of Cockpit Arts latest attempt to sabotage Love Over Gold mural here